There are plenty of places to visit! For example:
- Wick Heritage Centre - the largest museum north of Edinburgh
- Pulteneytown Distillery. www.oldpulteney.com
- Castle of Mey - the late Queen Mother's home in the North. www.castleofmey.org.uk
- Dunrobin Castle, Golspie www.highlandescape.com/dunrobin
- Timespan Heritage Centre, Helmsdale. www.timespan.org.uk
- Clan Gunn Museum, Latheron (Open June - September)
- Whaligoe Steps - 365 steps cut into the cliff face. Excellent cafe at the top of the steps for those who need a little something before or after attempting the steps.
- Waterlines, Lybster. Interesting exhibition about the herring fishing industry, and cafe
- Caithness Seacoast - fascinating sea tours round the east Caithness coastline. www.caithness-seacoast.co.uk
And further afield? Why not visit the Orkney Islands?
We are 45 miles from Gills Bay www.pentlandferries.co.uk for the one-hour crossing, 38 miles from John o' Groats www.jogferry.co.uk for the passenger ferry and day trips to the most important attractions, and 30 miles from Scrabster www.northlinkferries.co.uk .